My name is Lena.
I am a New York based musician who loves makeup and beauty products.
I am originally from Seoul, Korea and came to the states after my college years, so I guess this makes me a FOB? ;p
I am running a beauty blog that is only about 3 months old. So far, I am having a blast and I have met so many sweet & interesting people.
One of the reasons that I started my beauty blog is to improve my English writing. I’ve been running a life style blog in Korean language for years, but I thought it would be easier for me to talk about things in English if the subject is specific and tangible not to mention it is something I absolutely love!
1. How would you describe your makeup style?
I would say my style leans towards classic but I also like simple things. As much as I love makeup, sometimes I simply don’t have time or energy to go through complicated stuff. (primer, bronzer, more than two kinds of eyeliners, etc.)
2. Lipstick or Lipgloss? Mascara or false lashes?
I used to only wear lipglosses but now I am experimenting lipsticks and lip tints as well.
I still don’t feel comfortable wearing full coverage lipsticks, though.
Mascara is very very important in my makeup routine and I wear it daily.
3. You are late for a hot date and you have not done your face. You have space for only 3 items in your purse and these are…
Matte B.B cream, Multi-purpose tint (tarte cheek stain?) and Mascara
4. What is your biggest beauty challenge/hurdle?
I still need to work on applying eyeliner in general. It would be helpful if I could find something that stays on my waterlines. : /
5. What beauty product do you have way too many of?
I was going to say eyeshadows, but then I realised I have too many bottles of nail polishes and perfume. Seriously, I won’t be able to use them up, ever.
6. What are your beauty pet peeves? (List 1-3.)
dark lipliner that is not blended in with lip color
harsh eyebrows in general (but they are so much worse when paired with wrong hair color. eeek)
7. Who is/are your favorite beauty icon(s)?
I disagree with her where she said she doesn’t believe in workout, but being Monica Bellucci, maybe she doesn’t need to. ;p
8. What beauty product do you regret buying in the past half year? (List 1-3; hopefully you don’t have too many…)
I have only a few..I guess I have been quite lucky thanks to many blog reviews and swatches.
Rapidlash - I didn’t see any result and it irritates my eyes.
Maybelline mascaras - I was underwhelmed by One by one mascara and totally infuriated by XXL pro that smudged terribly on me.
(They were on sale, so it hurts a little less.)
9. What (1-3) items is/are on your current Beauty Wishlist?
The green quint from Dior Garden Party collection (spring 2012)
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Tom Ford lipstick in Smoke Red
10. If you were an animal/creature, you would probably be a…
This is the hardest question out of 10, so I just asked my SO and he said “piglet”. lol
Thank you so much for this interesting giveaway/interview project and I wish all the best for you and your fantastic blog. :)
BTW, I am a follower on blogger.
To read more entries, please click here!