MAC Quick Sizzle Matte Lipstick Dupes!
Quick Sizzle is the sell-out shade in the limited edition Shop MAC, Cook MAC collection. It’s just been released in Asia, and the first shop I hit was already out of this shade.
Don’t you just hate it when the gorgeous colors are all limited edition???
In any case, I managed to pick one up, and immediately thought “Hmm, this looks familiar.” I probably had a couple of shades very similar to it. But I knew it would be sold out the next day, so I just couldn’t bear the thought of missing out. (Let me hear you say it; “S-U-C-K-E-R….” Thank you.)
Well let’s get to the point of this post;
If you missed out on the shade and can’t get hold of it, PLEASE don’t trawl through eBay trying to buy it at exorbitant prices. There are 2 shades that are REALLY similar. BOTH are cheaper. Unless you’re a MAC collector, you really don’t need to get Quick Sizzle.
In the tubes, they look different.
Swatched, the difference in shades is visible but minimal.
On the lips - believe me - NOBODY else will really know the difference.
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Sweet Pink: US$5.50 on beflurt.com (don’t forget the Coupon Code MAKEUPBOX for a 10% discount!)
- Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in R11 Love Test: US$12 at Sephora stores
NYX Sweet Pink:
- 95% color match (a tad more muted/cool-toned than Quick Sizzle)
- 100% texture match
Sephora Love Test:
- 98% color match (these go on extremely similar; Love Test is slightly more magenta, but the difference is almost indiscernible on the lips)
- 70% texture match (this is a creme lipstick, so if you don’t like mattes, this is perfect)
Quick Sizzle has a hint more red/warmth than the other 2 lipsticks, but they’re the same sort of flattering, rosy fuchsia pink that doesn’t look neon, doesn’t look red, can be worn on a weekend OR for work, and goes with SOOO many skin tones.