Makeupbox takes on Katy Perry!
(Oh My and Ka-Pow lash reviews, plus a quick tutorial for a bright eyeshadow look that can stand up to huge lashes)
I think Katy Perry has a really fun and out-there style. It’s sometimes borderline tacky, but let’s face it; she’s so hot she can get away with many things that would be faux pas on others.
So of course, when it came time to pick among the numerous lash designs bearing her name, I picked the 2 that I felt were dramatic and the least “normal”-looking. (“Normal” meaning “this shape is sold by 10,000 other brands and it’s no point reviewing it again”.) If you are going to shell out for Katy Perry lashes, no point buying a shape that Red Cherry does for under $2.
Full, dense, double-stacked lashes. (These are 2 strips of lashes laid on top of one another.) Super thick and dramatic.
- Girls, these are some kuh-raaazzzy lashes! They’re so dense I felt like I was wearing 2 sun-visors on top of my lids and my world went 2 shades darker. ("Who turned off the lights???")
- These lashes will cast a huge shadow over your eyes. They might look kinda sorta cute in the image at the top of the post, but if you have smaller eyes, or want to widen them, DO NOT - I repeat - DO NOT - buy these. Like any huge, thick lashes, they can make your eyes look droopy and overwhelmed instead of larger and brighter.
- The lash band is super thick and stiff because of the double-stacking, although Eylure was pretty good at making them as malleable as possible. STILL, they’re not the easiest things to apply, and without a super-strong glue, you will struggle with keeping these on all day.
Purple tipped criss-cross wispies meant to bring out brown and hazel eyes. (There are versions for blue/grey/green eyes called Ka-Ching and Ka-Boom, but these aren’t available in Asia.)
- Now THESE I really like and will re-use. They’re dramatic but not too dramatic.
- The purple does nothing to bring out my dark brown eyes. As you can see in the image, all it looks like is black. I’m not sure if you’ll have better luck with lighter brown or hazel eyes.
- That said, the color at the tips really helps to soften the look of the lashes and keeps them looking wispy and pretty even though they are so long.