"Magenta Slippers": Pink Glitter Eyeshadow Tutorial
This is a update of a popular tutorial I did over a year ago featuring red shadow and glitter. Except this time, I’m using a magenta pink shadow and glitter. The 2 things you can use to make strong shades like fuchsia, orange and red more wearable and flattering on the lids is:
- frame them with black on the socket line and lash line
- use a matching glitter to add some girliness to the look
The main difference between this look and the previous one is I didn’t use a liner along the upper lash line this time. If you prefer the red version, go ahead and use the products and steps listed in that post!
- Matte black shadow: CM19 from BH Cosmetics
- Matte magenta pink shadow: WM20 from BH Cosmetics
- Magenta glitter: Lime Crime Sagittarius (below)
- Ben Nye Liquiset makeup sealing liquid
If you can’t get hold of eyeliner sealing liquid, just use a very thin layer of clear brow mascara over the lids with a concealer brush, then the same brush to press 2 layers of glitter over.
(Excuse the typo)
[Updated on request] Tip: If you want to make liner last longer on your waterline, use a long-wear black pencil (Urban Decay, Maybelline Master Drama) or a gel liner. Then you go over using a flat, firm brush dipped in black matte shadow to “set” the cream beneath. But nothing is going to last all day, honestly. I just bring a pencil out and touch up every few hours!