The 5-minute “Travel Face” (and Basic Half-Liner Pictorial)
When I’m going on a long-haul flight, I sometimes will wear not a stitch of makeup. But there are days when you feel like you need a little help just to look and feel presentable.
It makes sense to keep things simple because you’ll be removing your makeup on the plane anyway. (At least, I hope you are.) For me, this means just these items:
- Concealer - MAC Moisture Cover NW20
- Groomed brows (I personally hate the look of a done face and un-groomed brows on my face) - Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 Pencil in Grey or Seal Brown
- Mascara - something non-waterproof like Maybelline Great Lash or Clinique High Impact
- [Optional] MAYBE a little liner - here, I used Lancôme’s Hypnôse cream eye shadow in Emeraude Eternelle
- A lip product that is moisturizing and that I can pat on my cheeks - loving Clinique’s Chubby Stick Intense (I wore shade Plushest Punch sheer as a tint for this look, but you can see the intensity in the lip-swatch above when it’s built up)
These are mostly things that do well in cold, air-conditioned environments, quickly take off with cleansing water on the plane, and then put back on in 5 minutes before touching down at my destination.