"Express Luminous Makeup" for Work/School using VDL products!
I’m collaborating with Korean cosmetic brand VDL to bring you a series of easy-to-do makeup looks ranging from the everyday face (in this post) to the more trendy and colorful!
If you’ve not heard, VDL is an up-and-coming brand that’s known for fun, intense color products and great base makeup, many of which make use of special color pigments in a layering technology to refract light and perfect the skintone.
There are currently counters and outlets in South Korea, Singapore, Vietnam and The Philippines. Here’s hoping they expand to more countries soon!
This is one super-quick makeup look that I wore last weekend, that looked polished and stayed put all day. The main focus is a radiant (but not shiny) complexion, clean winged eyes, soft barely-there glowing peach cheeks and low-maintenance, tinted lips.
Full-face image above was taken by the window in soft daylight without any special lights or flash, so the cheeks and lips come off a little more pink.
Products Used (plus tips and more info)
- Primer: Lumilayer Primer (If you like things like High Beam and Strobe Cream but find them a bit too obvious, I highly recommend checking this out. It goes on under your base, and gives an ultra-fine and incredibly natural luminosity that lights up the skin without looking like you’re wearing any shimmer.)
- Foundation: Perfecting Last Foundation SPF25 in 303 (this is medium coverage, so mix with a little Lumilayer Primer if you want less coverage!)
- Concealer: Brightening Tone Concealer 201
- Blush/Highlight: Festival Mineral Blusher in 602 Back Hug (soft peach and beige-gold split blush)
- Peach shimmer shadow: Festival Shadow 602 Orangeade (wearable coppery orange)
- Dark brown matte shadow: Festival Shadow 207 Espresso (matte chocolate brown)
- Felt Tip Liner: Eye Bomb Mega Pen Liner (idiot-proof felt tip for those who are new to drawing flicks with liquid)
- Black pencil liner for tightlining: Eye Bomb Auto Liner (smooth and long-wearing, so it can last quite well on the tightline)
- Black mascara: Eye Bomb Mascara (a long-time favorite that lengthens, thickens and lifts. If you prefer waterproof formulas, try Water Bomb mascara.)
- Sheer pinky-peach lipcolor: Triple Shot 601 Triple Peach (Favorite colored balms in the world. These come in 3 shades; pink, red, peach, but all of them go on more pink than they appear in the tube, and the milky colored strip actually helps to even out uneven lip tones better than other balm-sticks or sheer lipsticks.)
For more information, visit their Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/vdlcosmeticssingapore
Store Listing in Singapore:
VDL Suntec City #02-338/339 Tel: 68373442
VDL Bugis Junction #02-21 Tel: 63379362
VDL Jurong Point (JP2) #01-02 Tel: 67943561
VDL Bedok Mall #01-35 Tel: 68449318