The reason why I’ve been on a purple kick:
I dug out my really old pot of I Nuovi Ultraviolet Dust the other day, and decided I was going to do more with it rather than swatch it on the back of my hand every few months (or years).
Purple’s such a lovely shade that many people I know cannot resist buying them. However, I don’t often see that many women wearing a strong purple eye on the streets.
[Tips to wearing a shimmery/metallic purple]
1. Use a base.
2. Foil it. Water, mixing medium, you name it. It’s easier to just foil it, pack it on, then slowly soften it out.
3. Pair it with a neutral matte shade.
The Look Today:
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation - mixed with sunblock as a velvet-finish tinted moisturizer
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer #NW25 + #NC25 - NW first to neutralize blue/purple, NC to even and pull everything together
- MAC Concrete (Satin) Eyeshadow - as matte brown lid contour (outer and inner corners) and brow color
- I Nuovi Ultraviolet Dust - foiled in center of lid, then blended out along the socket line with a soft blending brush
- Bourjois Metallise pencil in #79 Violet miroitant - along upper lash line
- Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara - this tube has been well-used and is getting a little dry…
- I Nuovi Cheek Rouge in Thumbelina - this is the peach cousin of MAC’s Well-dressed Blush
- Bourjois 3D Max Lipgloss in #67 Beige Sunny
I wanted to balance the look a little by not overloading on pink, so I went for peach tones for the lips and cheeks instead.